Sunday, October 19, 2008

tonight, not again

I'm tired but I've got
too much on my mind
I'm just trying
to find the time
to get it all out
These words won't let me down
So tell me something
to get me through the night
Tell me something to
help me sleep tight
tell me some words that won't
keep me up all night
something like,
everything's gonna be alright
cause looking at this world now
I haven't got a clue how
to keep on believing that
there's any reason to
keep on dreaming


I'm filled with ambition
I wanna do everything right
but my good intentions
seem to get lost in the fight
Good intentions
can only get me so far
but I've been trying real hard...


(10-19)


(yes the title is a Jason Mraz song. go figure.)

3 comments:

CSD Faux Finishing said...

(yes the title is a Jason Mraz song. go figure.)

That's why I had to click on it right away lol. Fantastic writing! I love reading your poetry, you have such an amazing way with words :)

Iman said...

I really enjoyed this one. The title makes it even cooler.

Chris Stone said...

nice poem. i really enjoyed it.